Privacy and Cookies Policy
Effective date: 2nd March 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, contact information such as your first and last name and email addresses
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, or otherwise correspond with us
- Marketing data, such as the email address or contact details that we use to send marketing communications and your preferences for receiving communications about our deals, freebies, discounts and contests
Data from other sources. We may also collect information about you from:
- Business partners, such as advertising and joint marketing partners
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors
- Public sources, such as blogs, forums or social media platforms
Automatic Collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity occurring on or through the Sites, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing our site, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of our automatic data collection is facilitated by cookies and similar technologies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- communicate with you, by sending you announcements, updates and administrative messages; and
- provide maintenance for the Service
Direct Marketing. We may use your personal information to send you Best Deals Warrior-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Your Choices section below.
For research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyse and improve the Service and our business.
To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data records from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyse and improve the Service and promote our business.
To comply with laws and regulations. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorised, unethical or illegal activity, including cyber attacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service (such as customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management services and risk and fraud mitigation).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
The public. Other users of the Service and the public, when you disclose personal information for public use. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to them. Please be aware that any information you post publicly can be cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines) before you have a chance to edit or remove it.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate to comply with law or for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and some services and functionalities we offer may not work.
To restrict or handle cookies, please see the ‘Help’ section of your internet browser
Advertising Choices. You may opt-out of interest-based advertising.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. Find out more about Do Not Track.
Privacy settings and location data. Users can disable our access to their device’s precise geo-location in their device settings.
OTHER SITES, MOBILE APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES
The Sites may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
We use Facebook Pixel on our website. Facebook Pixel is a tracking code which allows us to track and monitor the success of advertisements we use on Facebook and to improve the effectiveness of those advertisements by recording information such as the device you used to access our website and the actions you took on our website using cookies. We may also use Facebook Pixel to create retargeting advertisements and custom audiences for our advertisements on Facebook and on our website.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organisational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Best Deals Warrior is headquartered in the United Kingdom and may have service providers in other countries. The data can transfer to other countries.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18.
In the case of discovering a child under 16 has provided us with personal data, we will immediately remove it from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us so that we will be able to take necessary action.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Best Deals Warrior aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed of what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “GDPR Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or to delete the information we have on you. We will give you access to review, update or request the deletion of your Personal Data should you request that of us, see contact information above or at the bottom of the page, and we will be happy to assist
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Best Deals Warrior relied on your consent to process your personal information
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.